Annons:
Tagcat-care
Read 2025 times
Leia
2019-05-15 16:03

You need to buy this for your indoor cats!

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Hello!

I am apart of a few local Facebook groups for missing pets so I can share and keep a lookout if I see a post! What I have noticed though is a post regarding a missing dog will get hundreds of shares but when its a cat no one seems to care.Sad I presume that's because cats often roam outside on their own whereas dogs don't.

I can imagine if you have an indoor cat that's not used to being inside this is a major worry, but how will others know that your cat is an indoor cat and not just another outdoor roaming cat? As a safety measure, I would really recommend buying a personalised/engraved ID tag. I managed to get one for as cheap as £3 on ebay, that includes the tag, the engraving and delivery (Bargain) !! On mine its states:

"IF I AM OUT ALONE I AM LOST. PLEASE FIND MY OWNER+NAME + TEL. NO. + ADDRESS"

This way, if your indoor cat goes up to someone they will be able to read the ID tag and know that they aren't supposed to be outside alone! Heres the link for my £3 tag, although there were plenty of other cheap alternatives you just have to look around. 

Photo by Kari Shea on Unsplash

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Evelina
2019-05-15 16:05

Good advice! But I think my cats would hate me if I put a tag on them lol. One of the has a chip in them and the other does not. Straight faced

Niklas
2019-05-16 11:41

How come only one of the cats have a RFID chip in them?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-05-16 12:09

We adopted Louis from a cat shelter. Shelter’s always put chips in their kitties. But we bought Maja online from a person who was selling kittens because her farm cat got pregnant. We just haven’t got a chip for her yet although she needs one because we would be devastated if she got out of the apartment somehow and we lost her.

Niklas
2019-05-16 13:54

Okay. Is cat chipping expensive? I remember that in horses it used to cost 1.500 SEK or so.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-05-16 14:03

I have no idea actually! But I don’t think it is that expensive for cats

Leia
2019-05-17 00:13

#1 Would it aggravates them just having it on their collar?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Evelina
2019-05-17 10:22

#6 yes we have collars for both of them But they throw such fits when we put them on. They act as if they cant even walk correctly. Lol

Marinas Mix
2019-05-17 19:01

It´s hard to tell if a cat has a chip. I´ve heard that some friend have their cats both chipmarked and tattoed in their ear.

My old lady had an eartatto, but my little one now is chipmarked.

Hostess at Bead Craft

Niklas
2019-05-21 10:43

#8: Do you mean that the chips can't always be detected?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Marinas Mix
2019-05-22 17:33

An eartatto, is visible, a chip isn´t. You need a chipreader to check if the cat is chipmarked. Organisations, that works with homeless cats usually have one, or you can take the cat to a veterinaryclinic or policestation.
But none of the markings are any good if the owner hasn´t registered the cat.

Hostess at Bead Craft

Scroll to top
Annons: