Annons:
Tag:ย general-cat-discussion
Read 1426 times
Evelina
2018-12-11 11:51

Tips for taking your cat to the vet?

I have to take my cat, Maja, to the vet and she has always hated the traveling part to the vet and the vet visit. Does anyone have any tips to make it less traumatic?

Annons:
Leia
2018-12-11 19:52

My nana always puts her cat in her shopping trolley!

It's big, square and sturdy so the cat is a lot calmer than if she was shoved in a small carrier. We also leave it in the living room and cat uses it to sleep and hide in, that way shes used to it before she has to go in it. Just make sure you have a leash on your cat for extra security!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-12-12 11:40

#0: How are you traveling? Perhaps you can change from car to bus, or vice versa. How long is the trip? Do you have a vet that is closer?

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Evelina
2018-12-12 14:35

#1 My cats would certainly escape from that haha. Maja knows How to open her carrier now too but I reinforced it so she couldnt. But maybe in the future something like that could work because she is too heavy to carry ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค” We went yesterday, by bus, which was a 20 minute mortifying journey for both of us. She sounded like a demon cat the whole time lol. So on the way back we took an Uber, but it didnt matter she still screamed the whole way home haha. But it was less embarrasing for me at least. Once we were at the vet she was totally chill. She just doesnt like being in moving things. Like cars, buses, trains, the subway, the elevator, or the escalator. She is fine when I am simply walking with her in the carrier.

Niklas
2018-12-12 14:46

Would it have been possible to have her in your lap when you sat in the Uber?

Evelina
2018-12-12 15:18

She was sitting in my lap in the carrier. I think she gets movement sickness. She acted the same when she was a kitten on the journey from Uppsala. ๐Ÿ˜ข

Niklas
2018-12-12 16:33

Okay. Are there motion sickness pills for cats?

Annons:
Evelina
2018-12-12 16:53

#6 there is some sort of shot but itโ€™s not prescribed lightly.

Leia
2018-12-12 23:16

aww bless her! What did she have to go to the vet for if you don't mind me asking??

All the best, Leia

Evelina
2018-12-13 09:20

#8 ya know how she has extra toes? One of her special toes had an overgrown claw that was growing into her paw. She wouldnโ€™t let me cut it, she kept trying to bite me ๐Ÿ˜…. So I took her to the vet so they could cut all of her special claws because they are hard to cut and she is sensitive about them. The vets said she was an angel and didnโ€™t even yell. I was like really? Because when I try she is screaming and tries to bite me lol. But she is all good now. ๐Ÿ˜

Niklas
2018-12-13 11:22

#7: Okay. Can she see out of the cage? For humans watching the horizon is recommended to lower the risk of motion sickness. If you try to put a see-through cage on something so that she can see the horizon in all directions in the car, she might feel better about it. Or perhaps a thick pillow in your lap so she gets up high.

Leia
2018-12-13 21:18

#9 My old dog had the same thing happen to her with her jew claw, it's a good job you spotted it, they can be really painful!

All the best, Leia

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย