Read 83 times
Evelina
2022-01-03, 15:53

Trying out new cat litter fail

I bought ”The World’s best cat litter” as reddit convinced me it would Help keep the litter box odor more under control.

I use Everclean and that is the only one my cats have ever used.

I test added only one small scoop of the new to the old litter and it resulted it both cats outright rejecting the litter box. And refused to go anywhere near it. One cat immediately peed on my newly washed laundry on the bed. And then another accident in a pair of shoes. It had only 2 hours and the cats were pissed.

So that was an absolute fail. Now I have two bags of cat litter I need to give away 😅

Tismon
2022-01-03, 22:56

Ouff that's rough.

How many litterboxes do you have? Maybe you could try in just one of them so that they won't pee inappropiatly?

I am going to try this one myself since I really dislike using ordinary cat litter because of enviromental reasons:
https://zooplus.page.link/i7it5wThci8ARtF6A

Correlation does not equal causation.

Host of Dogs and Art Savvity

Cat's Best Original kattströ är till 100% biologiskt nedbrytbart, kan komposteras, spolas ned i toaletten eller läggas i bioavfallet.
Evelina
2022-01-06, 17:13

We went down from two litter boxes to one We now have the litter robot. But that is an idea to try out for sure. I think we do have one old litter box that we use for travel in the storage somewhere.

I really liked the idea that the other one was compostable, but I am guessing they didn't understand the smell of it. Since it is made out of corn. One of the cats kept trying to eat the litter.

• Edited by Evelina 2022-01-10, 15:53
Evelina
2022-01-06, 17:13

#2: Let me know how it goes with the new litter if you try it out!

Tismon
2022-01-09, 00:38

#2: oh. How many cats do you have? The saying is you should always keep the numbers of litterboxes the same as to how many cats you have + 1. So if you have 1 cat you get 2 litterboxes. If you have 4 cats, then 5 litterboxes is recommended.

Well understandable! I will tell you how it goes :) I don't think cats can misstake it for food since it's not corn, I'm pretty sure my cat would also have tried to eat the corn litter lol

Evelina
2022-01-10, 15:52

I have two cats. We had two traditional litter boxes before but getting the automatic cleaning one to replace both of them. The litter robot can be used for up to three cats, since it cleans itself every 3 minutes (or 7 or 15 minutes depending on your preferred setting) and is really large.

Since we got the litter robot, she hasn't had an accident (except for this new litter incident). We went back to the old litter now and everyone is happy again lol.

• Edited by Evelina 2022-01-10, 15:54
Niklas
2022-01-25, 11:59

This discussion made me think of incinerator toilets. Wouldn’t that be good for cats? No smell, no daily emptying, no messy-to-get-rid-of leftovers. Someone should adapt the idea for cats.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tismon
2022-01-25, 12:54

#6: Cats like the smell though since they are very territorial which could also be a reason for inappropiate urinating - insecure cats feels less insecure when they can smell their scent all over the place

Niklas
2022-01-25, 14:34

#7: Aha, so you advise filling a spray bottle with cat urine and spraying it all over the house to make them feel very welcome and secure? 😉

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tismon
2022-01-25, 14:38

#8: Yes, that is how you make them stop urinate in your furniture 😉😂

Tismon
2022-01-25, 17:36

No but jokes aside, having many litterboxes in every part of the house to spread the cats scence, along with blankets, pillow and other "scent soakers" is a good way to prevent territorial insecure cats from inappropiate urination which is why many recommend to never use scented cat litter.

Jackson Galaxy has good videos on this topic :)

Maleficum
2022-02-02, 18:01

#1: My friend use that one to her rabbits! Works really great for them and it's so easy to clean! Sadly it don't work as good when you have long haired rabbits because you get it everywhere otherwise I would have used it too. Maybe I will try it the day I can afford a robot vacuum cleaner ;)

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Scroll to top